23 Feb Apply Now – We’re Hiring A Packaging Manager!
Square Root has grown from our humble beginnings in 2012 in Robyn & Ed’s kitchen to a 15 strong team of dedicated Soda Jerks. We make all our own sodas from fruit to bottle, in our own production space – something nobody else in London is doing! We’ve got things buzzing after a busy 2018 and we’re ready to level up again in 2019, with your help.
Here at Square Root, we’re expanding. We’re building a brand new production space in East London and fitting it out with an automated packaging line – you can read all about the new space here (and if you want to be our Packaging Manager, we 100% recommend you do – there will be a quiz!). This serious upgrade means that we’re looking for a highly skilled Packaging Manager to take the reins and help us make sure our drinks are the best bottles of fizzy pop in town!
Are you a real hands-on, confident and proactive person? Are you looking to make a real difference to a growing team, take ownership over a whole department and make waves in the fizzy pop biz? Then read on, Pop Pal.
What we need you to do:
- Manage the daily set up of our brand new (currently being built in Italy as we speak) automated packaging line.
- Supervise the daily packaging shifts on our brand new (brand new!!) automated packaging line with our Packaging Team.
- Manage the quality control of all packaged products produced – from checking the carbonation levels to making sure they look as amazing as they taste.
- Work with founders and Head of Product to develop optimal packaging practices for each product on our brand new (did we mention it was new yet?) packaging line.
- Managing the maintenance of the packaging equipment, including introducing a schedule of preventative maintenance on our brand new (yep…) packaging line.
- Regularly reporting to Head of Product Jake, and founders Robyn and Ed.
If you’re our ideal candidate, you;
- Have experience working on or running a packaging line for a similar company or product e.g. a brewery, food manufacturing or even another fizzy drink factory.
- Are really flipping excited about packaging machinery, quality control and innovation in the fizzy pop world.
- Are comfortable managing and training a small team.
- Can work quickly and efficiently with others to get the job done.
- Have some great engineering credentials – whether that’s on the job training or even a formal degree (aren’t you fancy?!)
- Are the kind of person that continuously looks for better ways to implement systems and run the show.
Sound like you? What are you waiting for?!
Our work environment is fairly non-standard, in the best possible sense, so the team is genuinely friendly and fun. Our team is what makes us here at Square Root and we love sitting down together for big communal lunches and touring around together on staff nights out – it’s a really exciting time to become part of our rapidly growing business.
To spread our amazing sodas, we need amazing people. Are you interested in joining us? Email us on email@example.com and tell us why you’re amazing, why you’re the right person for this job and what your dream flavour of soda would be if you could make one.
Questions? Good! Give us a call on 02034 175 940 and ask for Robyn – she’ll be happy to discuss your application!
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Office & production space based in East London.
- All you can drink soda!
- Square Root Lunch Time – we sit down together every day and share a company provided lunch, it’s the best!
- Friday drinks at our production space – our fridge is filled with only the best local producers our soda swapsies can buy!
- Team dinners spent dining with one of our customers’ venues – they make the best food obvs!
Application Deadline: 12th April 2019 but we will be interviewing people as soon as applications come in so don’t delay!
Start Date: May 2019 or as necessary depending on circumstances.