30 Jun Full Time Production Assistant Required!
Production Assistant (Full Time)
This position has now been filled!
Square Root are on the look out for an enthusiastic and committed Production Assistant to help run our busy Soda Works production site.
Square Root is an award winning soft drinks producer, founded in 2012 in Robyn & Ed’s kitchen. From there we’ve grown in to our railway arch production space in Hackney and retail location in Camden Market. We make all our own sodas, from fruit to bottle – something nobody else in London is doing!
This is an excellent active role for someone who likes the sound of a busy, wide-ranging and physical job, in a friendly environment, with fun colleagues who support each other as part of a small team!
- Five days a week, 8 hours a day, preparing fresh fruit and other ingredients for our amazing sodas.
- Bottling drinks, which involves filling and capping of bottles, followed by pasteurisation.
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness in our production space.
- Labelling and packaging of our drinks.
- Manual handling and heavy lifting – we need you to be comfortable with physical work.
- Optional out of hours events work, at KERB food markets, beer festivals, and beyond!
- Be ready to get stuck in. It’s a messy, practical job, chopping and juicing all that fruit and filling and capping all those bottles!
- Be great working as part of a team and individually – we’re a small group so we need a real team player, but sometimes you also just need to get in the zone and crank out 25L of lemon juice!
- Be a stickler for detail and able to work quickly, in a clean and tidy way – we’ve got a limited amount of space (London woes) so we need people to be efficient and mess conscious!
- Communicate well, so we can explain if you don’t know what you need to be working on, or if you spot something is wrong, just shout, ask for help, sing a song about it, whatever works.
Experience is not strictly necessary as full training will be provided but previous experience in a kitchen, or in food production would be an advantage and a Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2 or above would be a bonus. Most important to us is that you have a good work ethic and a positive attitude.
Our team is what makes us here at Square Root and we love sitting down together for big communal lunches and touring round together on staff nights out – it’s a really exciting time to become part of the rapidly growing business.
- £16 – £19K pro rata, dependant on experience.
- Square Root Lunch Time – we sit down together every day and share a company provided lunch, it’s the best!
- All you can drink soda, plus Friday drinks at our production space – our fridge is filled with only the best local producers our soda swapsies can buy!
- Quarterly team dinners spent with one of our customers – they make the best food obvs!
- The chance to join our small, quirky team, and to progress your career with us as we grow.
- Optional veg box scheme, a total nutritious bargain.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV with a short description of your experience and why you think you’d be right for the job, addressed to Robyn, to firstname.lastname@example.org! Check us out on twitter! On Instagram! Our Facebook!