15 Jan Square Root Serves: Non Alcoholic Cocktail Recipes for #DryJanuary!
It’s the halfway point for this years #DryJanuary and if you’ve made it this far then well done you! Here at Square Root HQ we’ve been thinking of ways to make it a little easier for you to reach your goal and so we’ve come up with some absolutely delicious non alcoholic cocktails recipes for you to make at home and enjoy!
Hop Rock Shandy
1 bottle (200ml) of Square Root Hop Tonic
- Into a tumbler, add a few ice cubes and squeeze over your lime wedges.
- Pour over your bottle of Square Root Hop Tonic and add a few dashes of the bitters on top. Serve and enjoy!
Winter Apple Punch
For the syrup*
Cinnamon stick, nutmeg, and star anise
1 bottle (275ml) of Square Root Apple Soda
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Put sugar and water in a bowl and stir to help dissolve the sugar a little.
- Grind the spices and add to the sugar/water mixture. Infuse at room temperature overnight.
- Into two tumblers, add a few ice cubes, a shot of infused syrup, a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and top up with Apple Soda.
- Serve with sprigs of mint and some fresh lemon slices.
*The syrup keeps for a week or so in a container. Try it mixed with our Ginger Beer for a spicy winter refresher (as featured on the Khoolect Facebook Page!).
Crushed Ice (although cubed is fine)
- Into two tumblers divide the sugar and squeeze over the lime wedges, placing them into the tumbler once squeezed.
- Pop a sprig of rosemary in each glass and using a long spoon (or a muddler if you have one), gently smash the herbs, sugar and lime juice together.
- Once the rosemary is smelling nice and fragrant. add in your ice and pour over the Cedro Soda and enjoy!
Square Root Gingersnap
- Fill two tall glasses with your ice and, with your lemon halves, squeeze over a bit of the juice.
- Fill your glass with the Ginger Beer and place the lime half on top, skin side down to make a little lime boat.
- Dash in some of the bitters into the lime half and use a straw to swirl it in to the glass.
- Serve by crushing up the cinnamon stick and adding a few shards to the cocktail.