18 Aug We Need a Soda Jerk…no, really, we do…
Roll up, roll up, fruit fanciers, because we’re looking for someone, a budding Soda Jerk (official professional title) to join our growing team, on a part time/full time/flexible basis, to help us provide the thirsty public of Camden Market with our finest quality refreshing beverages.
From serving customers to preparing fresh fruit syrups and regularly cleaning down the shack, there’s always plenty of hands-on work to do. There will of course be plenty of training and support from us from the word go.
- Be down with fruit. The first rule of Fruit Club is… always talk about fruit. It’s what we do. An interest in the street food scene will also fit in well.
- Be ready to get stuck in. This is a busy and physical job, with lots of chatting to customers.
- Be communicative, punctual and organised – we’re a small team and we need to be able to rely on each other.
- Be great working as part of a team and independently – we’re a small group so we need a real team player, but sometimes you also just need to get in the zone and crank out a batch of lemonade!
- Be a stickler for detail and able to work quickly, in a clean and tidy way – we’ve got a limited amount of space (London woes) so we need people to be efficient and mess conscious!
Experience is not strictly necessary as full training will be provided but previous experience in a bar, kitchen, or in food production would be an advantage, and a Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2 or above would be a bonus.
Our team is what makes us here at Square Root and we love working together, we’re all really into great food and drink, and once in while we love to go touring round together on staff nights out. It’s a really exciting time to become part of the rapidly growing business.
Full job description can be found here: JOB DESCRIPTION_CAMDEN SODA SHACK_AUGUST 2016! To apply, send your CV and a short covering letter to Jobs@squarerootsoda.co.uk FAO Robyn!
Start Date: ASAP